Thursday, July 26, 2012

Egg~cellent Idea


I've always boiled eggs. Never even thought to do anything different. Why would I?
After seeing this on Pinterest {here} I had to try it.
It says to bake at 350 for 25 min. There's several other PINS out there that say you can place the eggs directly on the rack, but I had no idea what might happen, so I preferred the cupcake pans!


My daughter making sure they're all even {doesn't matter!}


After baking them, they came out with all these little spots, but look at the bottom center one...
After the ice bath, the spots rub right off!


Speaking of the ice bath...
I left mine in for 20 minutes!


This process is to keep them from cooking longer and is supposed to make them easier to peel.
As far as the peeling, I don't think it made a huge difference. When they're boiled, I pop them in an ice bath after and they peel about the same.
Taste was a different story! Baking makes them have almost a smooth creamier yolk. Even my husband said they tasted better {twice!}
Very tasty and highly recommended!  3 thumbs up!!

Enjoy!
Kristy


6 comments:

  1. Gotta try this sometime! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen some people who tried this method and didn't have as much luck. hahaha. I think we all have our own methods of making hard boiled eggs, this one just seems to take so long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea. Love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so trying this! Looking forward to co hosting the Bloglovin' Blog Hop with you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I knew about this yesterday when I boiled some eggs. I cannot peel them anymore to save my life. The white always pulls away! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen this before, not sure I would have been brave enough to try it! :)! I am a new follower on GFC. Patsy

    ReplyDelete