Monday, October 22, 2012

Breakfast Bake~

My daughter's favorite "breakfast on the go" is Burger Kings Sausage, Egg and Cheese croissant. {Minus the cheese!} The other morning she gave me a bite {more like a small nibble} and it reminded me of a recipe my sister makes. This is another quick and simple one, which by now you should know, I love those kind!

What ya need:

Sausage~1 package {I use good 'ol Jimmy Deans}
crescent rolls~1 canister
6 eggs
1 box cream cheese
shredded cheddar cheese {This varies on how cheesy you prefer it}

What to do:
Cook the sausage completely, drain, put the cream cheese in and mix
















Beat the eggs, add a splash of milk and scramble












Pop the crescent rolls open, roll them out out and press all the "dotted lines" together. Take a knife and cut lines on both sides about 1 inch thick.
















 Place the Sausage mixture down the center, top with shredded cheddar cheese and place the egg on top of that. Fold the sides over the top and pinch it together.


 
Pop in the preheated oven {350} and bake for 12-15minutes {until golden brown}
 
 
Grab a glass of Orange Juice and you're good to go!
My daughter would have this every morning if I'd let her {and I'd make it}!
 
 I made an extra one, cut it into pieces and put it in the freezer. When we're on the go, I'll pop a slice in the microwave right in the zip lock baggie it's in! Hand it to my daughter and that's her "Burger King"! The crescent isn't as flaky, but still good!
 
Try something new this weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. Looks terrific! I'm pinning this so I don't lose the recipe and will use it at Christmas - we have a big family weekend and feeding part of the crowd is always a challenge the day of the big party. This may just be the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that looks delish!!! Too bad I never eat breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too bad 2, JoJo, it's the best meal of the day!!

      Delete
  3. Looks terrific I'm going to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome. I will make this for Sunday breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg sounds awesome I’m going to make this we have breakfast for supper on Monday nights my granddaughter will love helping make this. Ty for posting this!!😁

    ReplyDelete