Monday, November 4, 2013

Hardy White Chili~


 
This is an amazing Fall favorite in our house!
 My husband loves spicy, but my daughter and I aren't fans of the heat, so this is the perfect happy medium for our household!
 
This is another one that I got from my good 'ol BFF, Peggy from Las Vegas!
{Used to be Salt Lake City, but she's married now, woo hoo and moved!}
 
What you'll need:
 1 Medium Onion
1# of boneless skinless chicken breast
2 cans Great Northern Beans
1 Can chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup of water
1 can chopped green chili's
1 can mexi corn
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano 
 
 What you'll do:
Saute 1 lb of chicken cut up in chunks and 1 medium onion in 1-1/2 TBS of oil - {You can also use canned chicken from Costco and it works.... my girlfriend calls it the lazy way, I say for those without any extra time!}
 
Seriously, this is SO DARN GOOD!
 
Word of caution because everyone's taste buds have a mind of their own!...Although there's not a ton of "heat" added, the chopped green chili's do add a bit of "zip" to it when simmering! I've put it into separate pots for the "heat" sensitive, because it adds just enough to be considered spicy for some!
 
Enjoy!!
Kristy
 

2 comments:

  1. That looks sooooooo GOOD! We're not a fan of spicy/heat either. I've been making a regular chili recipe that was going around FB....it's supposedly the Wendy's chili recipe. It's come out so great that it's a staple in our house now, esp. now that winter is coming on and when Russell gets home on Thursdays he's chilled to the bone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey JoJo! I love having good "go to" dinners! I'm not big on the cold weather, but I enjoy the beginning of Fall and all soups and hardy meals that come along with it!

    ReplyDelete