Sunday, September 16, 2012

Keeping Keepsakes~


I hope everyone had a great weekend! We had a beautiful sunny and relaxing one! I also managed to get some crafty tinkering in with my daughter, woo hoo!! Being the little sensitive bean that she is, she wanted something to keep her "keepsakes" in. I wondered if that meant like a hope chest or what??...After a lil' chatting, she wanted something small to put her movie tickets in, special pictures, vacation receipts...ya know those kind of things! Ahhh...how sweet!!
We found this little box in the craft room and it was exactly what we needed!! Kiley picked fabric instead of paper and we went to work!!
It started as a boring little lonely wooden box. We took the hardware off and painted it a light tan.
With some spray adhesive and modge podge we added fabric, a few buttons and ribbon! The final touch was a little rub-on. It turned out to be the perfect little keepsake box for what she wanted! The Best part is that she helped make it!! I love that she's crafty!!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! Dropping by from the networking blog hop. Now following!

    Elizabeth
    http://lizziscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable--glad you had such a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Much better than the shoeboxes I used to use! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Stopping by from the blog hop!! I am now your newest follower:) This turned out so cute! I would love for you to share it at Tuesdays with Tori!

    Have a great week!
    Tori
    www.lilmrstori.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute idea! I look at things like this and wonder if my daughter will want something like that when she is older and I can't WAIT to be able to start crafts with her...she is 13.5 months so it's almost that time...I'm kind of waiting til we move into our house in November to start all the crafts (we are living with my parents until our house is done being built) - I don't want to get craft stuff out here and trash their house. hahaha. anyways, newest follower from the GFC hop! excited to read more posts from ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! So, so cute! Popping over from the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete