Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Goulash~


Although I've been planning ahead for meals and trying to keep "my game on", there's going to be days like yesterday {and today} that I can't escape the winter bug and feel like a truck ran me over at least 15 times!! BUT if your a mom and a wife {a woman!}, you're well aware~we usually don't have the luxury of down time!, We pull up our big girl pants and keep movin' on!
Although I have to say, last night I only moved from the couch to the the pantry, pulled out what I thought would go together and went with it! I may feel nasty, but this goulash did not!

Here's what I pulled out:
1 package ground beef {1.62#}
1 small yellow onion
1 can V8 Juice (pop can size)
1 Can Tomato sauce
2 cans small dices toms
1 can corn
1 1/2 cups elbow mac.
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp Seasoning salt (Johnny's)
4 cups water
2 Tbsp minced garlic
3 shakes of salt and pepper each...you know what you like here!

I browned the ground beef with 1Tbsp of seasoning salt and the onion chopped in small chunks.
While that was browning I took all of the other ingredients except the macaroni and brought it to a low boil in a big pot.
I started a small pan of hot water and cooked the macaroni (I wonder if you could toss it in uncooked??).
After the big pot low boiled for ~20min. I tossed in the cooked macaroni, let it simmer for 15 and served!
Toss hot rolls with it and your good to go!! {My hubby ate 2 big 'ol bowls!}

This will be kept as a "go to meal" when I need something quick, easy, good and flavorful!!

Enjoy!
Kristy

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! I think the only time I ever had it was at an annual Halloween party at a friend's house in elementary school. They called it 'Ghouuuul-ash'. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I am following you now and enjoyed visiting your blog. You really have some cool craft ideas and I is always interested in making a quick meal to go :)
    I would love for you to follow along.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete