Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Love that Frosting~




Well, this past weekend was Kiley Jo's cupcake fundraiser at the store. It was a huge success bringing her an extra $302.00 to put towards the Run Of Hope!! Her goal is $1500, but she's at $1267 and as far as I'm concerned she's exceeded her goal! I seriously couldn't be more proud of her for all her efforts this year!! I'm a beaming mama!!


 Now, I'm usually a "buy the frosting" kinda gal, but since these were super special cupcakes, I decided to browse through all of those wonderful "Pins" and find a tasty, yet easy frosting recipe. Yes, I was determined to make it myself!! SCORE!!!...I found the perfect one over at The Girl Who Ate Everything!! This was so easy, yet so tasty!! {Good thing! I had to make 3 batches!}


Here's what you'll need:

2 sticks of butter (1 Cup), softened
4 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 Tablespoons Half n' Half  (can use up to 4 Tablespoons and it can be milk or heavy cream as well)
{Her recipe is a bit different. I didn't follow it to the letter}
 
How to whip it up:
 
Beat softened butter for a few minutes in a mixing bowl on medium. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar  (one at a time) and mix on low/medium until all mixed up.  Add add vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of half and half, then mix completely.  Add last 2 cups of sugar (one at a time) and continue to mix. I added my last Tablespoon of half n' half here to thin it out just a skosh. Mixed it one last time and it was ready to go!!
{She's got tips to thicken or thin it out on her blog as well!}
 
If I can whip this up, ANYONE can!! My husband even gave it the thumbs up!!
 
Since we were serving these to the public we wanted to make it easy to hand out and keep every one's little mitts off 'em.... In came the punch cup and lid!... Another perfect match!!
{Next time I'll find a cute little ladybug sticker for the top!!}
 

I love passing on tried 'n true recipes and this one is definitely a keeper! For more sweet tooth recipes and great everyday meals, bounce over to Christy's blog. There's a world of Belly Rubbin' Recipes over there!!!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant idea using that cup and lid for the cupcake carriers! Well done Kiley Jo! She's really made a lot of money for her cause! You must be very proud! :)

    ReplyDelete