Monday, May 28, 2012

Hello Kitty Packing tape belt~



Back in the day {my day~I'm showing my age!}, there was grey duck tape and clear packing tape!~
Nothing more, nothing less, just blah...but it was good for 100 things {and more right?!?}!
Today as I was strolling through the store I found Hello Kitty packing tape! It's a must have since my daughters digs Hello Kitty! Not to mentions, I saw a GREAT idea over at Dukes and Duchesses and had to give it a try myself...Randi actually used two colors of duct tape and created her own belt, I simply covered my daughters as a fix to her existing crumbly one! Ahh, what will we come up with next?!
My daughter got such a kick out of this belt {and loved it!} that she put it on with her PJ's and wore it the rest of the night! Love crafts that are a hit!

Found this at Target...
 Little belt that's seen better days...
 Put the packing tape down the back side and folded the overhang over...
 Went ahead and used a hole punch to punch thru the holes, so I'd know where they were...
 Put another strip on the front side and folded the overhang back onto the back side...
 Cut 2 small strips to go in between the top of the buckle and a little piece to go around the tuck part... {very technical terms~ha!}
 That's it! What a super simple craft! I think I need to try some other designs too!!

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! Will it hold up to constant use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple and cute! I like your technical terms very much :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is too adorable--love hello kitty---a shop my daughter frequents has all colors of duct tape at the register--can't believe who ever thought of duct tape---would have ever thought this craze would be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Covering an old belt was a great idea ... it looks so cute! I love that Hello Kitty print. Thanks for linking back to me - I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing! I'd never know it was tape!

    ReplyDelete