Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Chore Chart



I like everything to match or go together in my house. I usually can't put something somewhere if it doesn't go with the overall theme of the room. So when I decided my little one needed to start doing chores {OK, normal things she should be doing anyway!} I needed to create something that would "go" in the nook. My daughter found this plastic dry erase sheet, but I had a little something else in mind. I talked her into using it in her room with her "daughters"!
I found an old 12 x 12 frame in the closet that would work perfect! The glass had broken forever ago and it was begging to be used! The only thing I had to buy was a 12 x 12 sheet of aluminum that I picked up at Ben Franklin ($4.99). I already had the magnets, buttons, letters and scrapbook paper! Since it was a 12 x 12 picture frame, I didn't tack down the paper to the aluminum. It holds it together~ now I can change it whenever I want! Oh, the frame didn't have hangers on the back, I couldn't pick a place on the wall for it and I wanted Jo to be able to reach it, so a recipe book holder ended up being it's resting place!
It's simple and easy, but does the job!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! My mom always kept her list of things for me to do in her head, that way she could keep adding to it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute-clever- and perfect!!! I am going to have to do this- I LOVE the fact that it sits so nice her room! Great job..such a great job! So happy to have found your blog, I am enjoying checking out all your projects!! Jen

    ReplyDelete