Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Broccoli Cashew Salad~ OH MY!!


Ok, ya'll, this is seriously so tasty! We had friends over this weekend and this was the dish they brought! It's the perfect salad to bring! With the sauce and the other scrumptious goodies the broccoli didn't taste completely like broccoli. That does make sense when you bite into it!

Get ready, here's what ya need:

Aprx. 4 bunches of broccoli cut into bite size pieces
1/2 to 3/4 Cup Cashews
1/2 to 3/4 Cup Craisins
1/2 bottle of real bacon chips {not those little nasty crunchy ones!}
1 bundle of green onions sliced into pieces {I barely even knew these were in there!}
Mix all these goodies in a bowl!

For the dressing:
1 Cup Mayonnaise {Not miracle whip!}
1/3rd Cup sugar
2 Tbsp white vinegar
Mix all of this together and pour onto your fixin's above!
(*Note, my g/f did tell me that she thought it needed a little more sauce, so she whipped up another 1/2 batch to pour on!)

Yum-a-yum-yum!! This was so delicious that I ate the left overs for breakfast! What??? I fed my husband and daughter oatmeal!!

9 comments:

  1. YUM! Would love to make this for my family or take to a party! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Kids in the Kitchen! Hope to see you again next Tuesday. Blessings, Carrie @ younglivingoillady.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make something like this, but have never used cashews. They're my favorite nut so I might have to try this one!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good, but too bad i'm allergic to nuts. :( Are they absolutely essential to the taste of the salad or can they be eliminated?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I was told the original recipe had sunflower seeds in it! Maybe swap for the nuts!

      Delete
  4. Oh my, I LOVE broccoli salad! This looks so yummy! Visiting from KITK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really yummy :) I'll have to try it (minus the bacon) this weekend :)

    ~ Rhonda Parrish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'd notice the bacon was gone... When I was asking for the recipe I was surprised when she said bacon!

      Delete
  6. oh yummy! thanks for linking up with Kids in the Kitchen!

    ReplyDelete